As of 2:15 today I can officially say I am done with my Master’s degree in Speech Language Pathology!!!
If you asked me 6 years ago that I would become a SLP, I honestly would have replied “A what?!” If you would have asked me if I would be attending graduate school you would have heard a big “No way!”
Life is a crazy game full of weird twists and turns that turn us into who we are. I am so happy with the bumpy road that turned me on to speech pathology. I am even happier that I will be graduating in 11 days.
How time flies. I remember sending in applications for graduate schools in both Nebraska and Missouri and crossing my fingers that I would get into a program. I remember feeling so nervous the whole summer leading up to graduate school.Ha, I was so nervous about the program, my new cohort, the workload, and the clinical practicums. Looking back on it now that seems like such a long time ago when in reality it was only 2 years ago.
Two long years, four clinical placements of free work, and many courses later I am done. Now I am nervous all over again. Will I find a skilled nursing facility job? Will I be a good SLP? SO many more things to be nervous about…but I DID IT!
Hell yes. I would say PARTY TIME but I think I partied enough the last weekend to make up for the entire month of May. That is not even an overstatement. I wish it was . Really the entire month of April was a celebration. Seriously from April 1st Toro y Moi –> Massage/Mani/Pedi –> Coachella –> Easter –> Last weekend… WOOF!
Congrats, girl! You've worked so hard! Time to celebrate!!!
ReplyDeleteAhhh congrats on being DONE!! Woohoo!!
ReplyDelete