May 19, 2011

biometric testing…& a CRAFT!

In this post:

1. biometric testing (if not interested scroll down)

2. an art & craft


1.image

On Tuesday I had biometric testing at 8 in the morning. I scheduled it early because you generally have to fast 12 hours beforehand. I think the thought of fasting and not being able to eat anything within that 12 hour window made me what to snack even more than usual. Which confirms the statement “we always want what we can’t have.”

The results came in this morning and….

Total cholesterol healthy normal range
HDL healthy – low risk of coronary artery disease (CAD)
Triglycerides (how efficiently the  body processes the fats in your diet) normal range --- wish it was lower!
LDL optimal – lowest risk of CAD
Total cholesterol/HDL ratio healthy – lowest risk of CAD
Glucose healthy range but could def. be improved on
Waist circumference healthy
BMI healthy but could be lowered
Blood Pressure Great!

All in all, I am healthy. I could stand to lose a little weight – yes. I should probably cut out some of my treats- yes. I should probably start moving more- yes. I also think that biometric testing is a great tool and that everyone should have it done. Not only do you learn a lot about what is going on in your body and bloodstream but you can also learn from the results about your health. From there you can take preventative measures to improve upon them OR become more in tune with the fact that what you stick in your mouth and what exercise-or lack there of- is done, does in fact make a difference in your daily life.

Okay health talk over.


2.image

Look at that beautiful side table/stool I made for Sam for our 1 year anniversary this upcoming Saturday (2 days!!).

I went to a thrift store and found an old stool that resembles the ones I use to sit on during school days in the science lab. You know the metal legs with a wooden top? Well, the original idea was to cut up the vinyl records and mosaic the pieces atop the stool… yeah try cutting up a vinyl… never would ever work…nope! So instead I meshed together pieces from the vinyl covers, glued them down, and then glued the vinyl with the prettiest middle on top of the covers collage. I think it looks good. Sam liked it. I win!!

Yes, I gave it to him early because I am off to STL until the night of our 1 year! Wahoo- Love me some family time & love me some time away from the restaurant.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment