FEATURED ITEM:
Last weeks featured dish included channel catfish that I steamed on the stove top. I put a little olive oil in my frying pan, laid out the frozen catfish, sprayed with some Pam, and seasoned it with chili powder, garlic salt, and pepper. I covered it with a lid and let it do its thing. After it was nice and flakey I doused it with some Louisiana hot sauce and removed it from the stove. Next into the frying pan went some broccoli crowns and mushrooms. After those were nice and hot I plated both the catfish and vegetables over a bed of lettuce! YUM!! This was pretty good. It also was pretty fishy smelling. I think I will save making catfish again for quite some time. I couldn’t pass up buying the catfish- it was $1.92 for .97lbs. Deal done.
SOCIAL PARTY LIFE:
The highlights included going to a concert, the Smith Westerns, on TUESDAY night at this neat little bar/show spot called the Record Bar. The venue was nothing like I expected it to be. I was under the impression it would be dungy with an older feel and big open floor plan. Was I ever wrong. They had neat paintings of records covering the walls, built in booths, tables, and of course the dance floor in front of the stage. It was pretty neat. The band was excellent & I was even pictured in the KC Nightlife:
Somehow I managed to go to bed around 4 am, following the show, and waking up at 6:50 am, which was right in time to go get ready for lovely clinicals. See I knew I could handle myself.
This also is part way to blame for being bedridden FRIDAY with what I think was the flu: achy body, congestion, sore throat, 100 degree fever. Yuck! Love that Sam though- he brought me a movie, Papa John’s pizza: my half was beef & jalapenos! Isn’t he just the best :)
SATURDAY: I got through about 3 hours of working before calling in the night shift girl to come in early for me. I just felt gross. Went home piled on the vitamins, did some homework, and took a fat nap. THIS GIRL HAD PLANS. I have SUITE BOX tickets to BASSNECTAR (that I got for free- THANKS NATALIE) and I had to attend. I pulled myself together and had the time, TIME, time of my life. Words cannot even explain what happened on Saturday night, but it was the definition of mind opening, glow stick dance partying, and questioning peoples sanity. It was PERFECT.
Now doesn’t that just look like so much fun?! Yes. It was so much fun.
I love that you're so into the music scene. I'm slowly getting back into it (I swear I go through phases!).
ReplyDeleteCan I just say that I love the purple top you're wearing? It looks so comfy yet pretty. I've always wanted to attend more concerts, but I'm a little old lady and I always get cranky by the time the main act comes on...
ReplyDeletekc nightlife huh? famous! lol!!!
ReplyDelete