Mar 8, 2011

up for the challenge!

This year for LENT I am going to give up and/or do the following:

1- No more snacking incessantly on garlic parmesan croutons. I seriously snack on them for hours on end. I swear once you have 1 crouton you have to have another. It is an addiction, a delicious unhealthy addiction.

2- Eat out one time a week. I feel that since I already work at a restaurant and have restaurant food for 4-5 meals a week already, that I should limit myself to only going out to dine 1 time a week. Sam and I go out to eat quite frequently, so this may actually be a challenge. This means 1 Monday dinner or 1 Yogurtini…not both in a week.

[there are a few exceptions though: St. Patrick’s day & Cali road trip in April]

3- Limit myself to 1 dessert per day.

So there we have it… that will be my next 40 days. I usually am very good at following my lenten goals. One year I gave up meat and hell that lasted for about 3 years or so. Last year I gave up croutons and clearly I am addicted to those cracktons so once 40 days was up I was back to destroying them.

What I really should give up is beer…but that just isn’t going to happen! Girl likes her beer.  A non-lent goal I have also decided to start doing is just to clean up my diet some. Meaning that I want to start incorporating more health, super foods, veggie/fruit and less junk.

------------

Homemade dinner: Sam & Molly’s Sunday Candlelight Dinner!

2011 001

On Sunday, Sam and I decided that we were going to make a homemade meal. Without a plan we headed to the grocery store and landed on the decision to make meatball subs, roasted green beans & onions, and salads topped with onions, goat cheese, and sweet vinaigrette.  Sam made the salad… YUM!

2011 003 It was probably the best homemade dinner I have had in awhile. Making dinner with someone else makes it even better. Especially when it is a special someone!!

I highly suggest you duplicate this meal. You cannot go wrong with a meatball sub (or veggieball sub) and a good salad paired with red wine/beer.  Loved it! Make sure to remember to eat by candlelight!

---------------

Other than that I have been feeling like a bad a$$….

        Snapshot_20110305 Snapshot_20110307

using far to much cinnamon…

Snapshot_20110308

and rocking out to this:

and

 

<3 Molly!

5 comments:

  1. i put cinnamon on EVERYTHING. today i accidentally unscrewed the cap and dumped like a mountain in my cereal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love cooking AND enjoying a meal with someone els-- much more pleasant experience!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cinnamon is amazing! I love adding it to my oats!

    God luck on your lent challenge love! xoxo <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the lent challenge!!! Have you ever done the cinnamon challenge?? lol! google it on youtube if you don't know what I'm talking about

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Florence & the Machine. I also love putting a ridiculous amout of cinnamon on everything :)

    ReplyDelete