Mar 10, 2011

dirty secret.

I secretly LOVE the power of 5 hour energy. I am a constantly over caffeinated human being. Is this healthy? No. Whatever. I LOVE my coffee. I like my tea. I sparingly consume 5 hour energy, vitamin B overdosing, rush of sugar free ‘energy.’

Snapshot_20110310 It leads this tired looking fresh face to look like this:Snapshot_20110310_1 (and apparently turns me cross eyed)

Benefits of Caffeine:

Regular coffee drinkers are 80% less likely to develop Parkinson’s disease

2 cups a day gives you 20% less likely risk of colon cancer

2 cups a day causes an 80% drop in cirrhosis

2 cups a day prevents gallstone development by 50%

It has been shown to be beneficial in asthma, stopping headaches, boosting mood and even preventing cavities

increased mental functioning

increased metabolism by breaking down fat, freeing fatty acids and forcing them to be flushed.

Risks of Caffeine:

restlessness, irritability, anxiety, heartburn, headaches, high blood pressure, sleeplessness, rapid heartbeat, and nausea.

5 comments:

  1. Thank you SO much for posting this! My co-worker asked me yesterday if I had caffeine everyday (um...yeah) and when I told her yes, she looked at me like I told her I did CRACK every day! She said it was "so bad" to have it every day. I'm definitely forwarding her that link!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my coffee<3 yuumm
    i have never had those 5 hour enegery shots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I secretly love 5 hour energy, too. I hate that I do, but it's pretty fabulous in a pinch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. benefits def outweigh the risks!!! hehe- i love the 5 hour energy shots!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. some days i go against my no-coffee no -caffeine rules and give in, and i definitely go from a sad sullen suzy to a bright bushytailed betty lol. you are adorable :)
    i like these 5 hour shots compared to some of the harsh products on the shelves..this at least has some good stuff in there too- ie. vitamin/minerals etc.

    ReplyDelete