Jan 30, 2011

white wine sauce

Tonight I attempted to create a white wine sauce to drizzle over my oven baked chicken breast. I honestly did not know what I was doing, but I have seen my mom make numerous pans of gravy. I set out using what I had. Recipe to follow:

Snapshot_20110130_1 Snapshot_20110130

1/4 of a bottle of white wine – Chardonnay

8 oz or so of water

.5-1 tablespoon of butter

garlic salt, salt, pepper, & cinnamon

I just left the above ingredients simmer on the stove while my chicken baked. At the last minute I through in the cinnamon and was so happy that I did! I never brought the sauce to a boil so I am not positive that I allowed the alcohol to cook off –but who cares!  I paired this meal with broiled cabbage & sweet potato. YUM!

 

--------------

Song:

 

Sorry this was so short! Just wanted to share my wine sauce!

4 comments:

  1. I used to LOVE cooking with white wine. Now I don't do as much chicken, but it's still fantastic to sautee stuff in from time to time...

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for sharing this, your dinner looks amazing ; ) hope you are great! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. any recipe that involves wine is a GREAT recipe :)

    ReplyDelete