Happenings of this week – bullet point style.
- Job wise I finally have turned to the next chapter. I no longer feel like I am in a transition phase, from graduate school SLP intern to the SLP. Walking down the nursing home halls just felt a little better this week. It helps when your co-workers randomly compliment you on a regular basis about how efficient you are and how great of a job you do as a speech pathologist. Lemme tell you, compliments are the quickest way to get over self doubt.
- Co-Ed Volleyball Our team played the best set of games yet this Wednesday. It felt so good to play a team that was comparable to ourselves. Best part = We won!!
- BIG NEWS: I joined a gym on a monthly basis. I don’t have commitment issues when it comes to males, but I def. do when it comes to gyms. By being on a monthly basis I will not waste money when I go on long LONG breaks (like last time I went to a gym 2 years ago…whooops).
- IT FEELS wonderful to get elliptical sessions in again. I am an elliptical whore, I can admit it. I my daily dates with Mr. Elliptical started on Tuesday and we have been going steady for 4 days straight now. Look at us
- CAR My radiator thought it would be cute and crack. Not only does that mean a $500 some dollar payment that thankfully my dad is picking up, but also working on Saturday instead of today.
- See point one- Thankfully my job is very flexible. Patients must be seen 5 of 7 days in a week period Sunday-Saturday. So this girl will be working Saturday!
- This also means a nice 4.2-.5 miles of walking home from the car shop. Built in exercise.
Foodie Pic:
Chicken Sausage (TJ’s), goat cheese, bell peppers, pepperoncini's, guacamole, & onions over shredded lettuce.
Music:
I totally miss the gym- even if it was just a crappy work out room at my old complex.
ReplyDeleteThere's a feeling in my gut that says I'll be joining one sooner than originally planned (I was really trying to hold out until October!).
Congratulations on overcoming self doubt and confidence issues!! I'm so happy for you :) How do you like working in a nursing home? I'm still trying to decide whether I want to work with adults or children as an SLP
ReplyDeleteHey half the battle is signing up for a gym... well the other half is making sure you roll out of bed motivated to go- hence my last membership was not the best choice lol. but your experience will be much better than mine :) :)
ReplyDeletexoxo <3
Hello,
ReplyDeleteI have a quick question for you about your site. If you could please get back to me as soon as possible I would greatly appreciate it. Have a great day!
Thanks,
Dan
--
Dan Gilbert
Communications Coordinator
Primrose Schools
@DanGilbert66
Congrats on not being self concious and joining a gym!:)
ReplyDeleteI am applying to grad school in SLP! So great to see someone in the Healthy Living Blog world doing the same thing as me!
ReplyDeleteLiz