May 27, 2011

Tornado/Graduation Season

This past Wednesday I survived this:

image_thumb1

Nothing like a little tornado action to keep you feeling alive. Especially after the horrible events in the southern part of the state that tore up and destroyed a substantial part of the city of Joplin, MO. My prayers go out to all those who have been affected and have lost loved ones and the likes. Luckily my good girlfriend from undergrad, the only person I truly know from Joplin, her family was on vacation and property ok. Thank God.

My brother road the mega bus in and was dropped off close to my house – I was working in a 75% glass windowed building. The tornados were not of concern- I WAS FURIOUS and really if something would have happened woof… Not cool. The bro walked into the basement of a hotel to take cover. Smart boy. We survived and celebrated by going to happy hour, dinner, and drinks… not going to lie it got a little too fun – OC status.

2011-004_thumb12011-005_thumb1

 


Thursday we ventured home to complete the graduation month with the littlest sisters high school graduation: She is off to become a southern girl with my sister… (same college down south…ya know)

2011-029_thumb2011-047_thumb

 

Well off to spend the rest of my lovely week at home base! It is just so good to be home and do absolutely nothing before I have to start that real world stuff mid June!

6 comments:

  1. I turned on the tv to see Joplin on the news when I was in Vegas the whole weekend. Scared the crap out of me because I had no idea the storms were even going to happen! Luckily most of my family is more central MO. But yeah- it's just awful what happened there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Certainly looks like things are staying interesting!!
    Congrats on graduating!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're okay girl!! It's been one scary tornado season, hasn't it?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh it really has. Haha, thanks I actually graduated two weekends ago. My lovely sister graduated from high school this past Thursday. It was a gorgeous ceremony, white robes, dozen red roses, etc..

    ReplyDelete