Lately I have been starting my day with the following:
Plain Oatmeal -cooked with a sprinkle of vanilla extract & topped with cinnamon & a dab of butter (shh!)
Side of 3 egg whites covered in hot sauce
Makes for a great filling breakfast and provides around 20g of natural protein! You know for all the muscle I gain while exercising working, partying, and doing school work.
Yes, I just admitted I do not work out. I was proud of myself in 2010 I did work out for about 3-4 months in the spring. Go me but I got a little to into it. In 2011…I think I have been on 1 or 2 walks, stretched, and occasionally you could find me lifting those 10lb dumbbells in my bedroom. I have replaced it with all my dancing when I go out on the weekends ;-)
So how do I keep normal sized? A diet made up of healthy choices mixed with daily treats. [Treats include a daily dessert, diet soda, chips, beer, and the out to eat meals] It is all about balance. If I am going to drink beer at night I am not going to have candy or chips. Makes sense.
I think people, particularly around this time of the year, get the notion that they have to “diet” to obtain their “summer body.” What does that even mean? Shouldn’t you want to maintain the same body all year long? Yes! Then these people restrict themselves from indulging in treats which they will later binge on. I just get so annoyed when people announce to everyone around them ‘Oh no I can’t have that I am trying to get my summer body.’
Portion control! Indulge once in awhile :o) You will be happier that you did.
Separate the pasta package into individual servings. This will not only save you time when preparing your meal, but you will also have one serving instead of multiple. If you are still hungry, make more! Simple!
Exciting weekend:
That’s what’s up!
Exciting next week:
Monday – manicure, pedicure, 90min. massage courtesy of Sam
Tuesday – Sam & I begin our great road trip to COACHELLA!
Song:
The bikini body thing annoys me too. I get that you want to look good in a swimsuit, but the amount of time you're actually prancing around in a bikini usually isn't worth stressing yourself out over...
ReplyDeletethose are great tips! portion control is HUGE. i SO agree- people kill themselves to look good just for a season , and end up right back where they started!
ReplyDeleteI say it's all about balance. I always hated the people who lived in the gym 3 days before spring break to get "skinny". You need to make it a lifestyle choice AND enjoy some chocolate now and then (or everynight) ;)!
ReplyDelete